Monday, October 7, 2013

Poems


                   Choices         

There was a girl who ran away, yet stayed
She watched her life in dismay and each day
Friends came and went, love gone, and life delayed
Reaching for what, she didn't know, or to say
For she was gone and it all stayed the same
Life went on for everyone, yet she still lost
To her they were the ones who held the blame
But all of this to her came with a cost
When all seemed too much for her to handle
There came a light ahead of all of it
It shone so bright, it's light like a candle
Knowing she will one day have to admit

              Lives cannot be lived solely for others
              We must stand up and embrace our druthers  

(Iambic pentameter, 5 feet to a line, with 10 syllables in each line)






                  Without

Not a day passes without you on my mind
The thought of your touch drives me wild
Your voice sends shivers down my spine
Your eyes look through me like no one ever has

You know me like no other
Your kisses touching me in a way
That none could before

I miss you when you are not near
I yearn for your touch
Your kiss
The sound of your heart in my ear

They say it will all come together in the end
But waiting takes too long
I want you now
I need you close
But until then, here’s my heart

Hold it close
Please don’t break it
I have only one
And only you can take it

(Free form)

No comments:

Post a Comment